We all enjoy visiting the campus of one of our sister schools. It is a part of our natural curiosity to want to see other campuses and make mental comparisons to our own. Well, others want to visit your campus too!
Benefits of hosting a chapter meeting:
- Opportunity to showcase the unique and outstanding characteristics of your campus
- Highlighting your Facilities Department within your own institution
- Gaining some visibility among your peers
- A great team building vehicle for staff
- Cost-effective educational opportunity for employees (no travel/lodging)
- Host Committee members can grow professionally in the process of hosting
Have you been attending chapter meetings for some time? Hosting is a way of giving back to the chapter for all of the times you may have attended at another school. Want one more incentive? As a reward for hosting, the Chapter provides up to a $2,500 scholarship for an APPA related venue- great way to reward a staff member and provide quality training.
Contact any board or committee member and let us know when you would like to be added to the schedule for a future chapter meeting.